I have enrolled for a driving lesson in A1 driving school. I didn’t have a student permit yet and knew that A1 can handle it for me. But the person I talked to said I could apply on my own since I live in Makati. I asked her if it’s easier to apply in Makati LTO and she said yes. I believed her so I went to Makati LTO the next day.
I’m not familiar where Makati LTO is located so I searched in Google Maps where it is. I found out it’s in Pililia street. At first, I planned to ride a jeepney going to PRC then go down in Kalayaan, ride a jeepney going to Guadalupe and go down in Pililia street and ride a tricycle to LTO. But I was in a hurry to go there because of work. I left the house past 8am so I decided to took a cab. I arrived at 8:30am. I was finished by 10am. That’s quite fast, isn’t it? Want to get your student permit too? Here are the requirements. Take note that you can apply in any Licensing Officer or District Office in the country.
Driver’s License (Student Permit) Requirements:
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years old
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to read and write the local dialect, Filipino or English
- Original with photocopy of birth certificate. In the absence thereof , any of the following
- Joint affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons who know the applicant and who can attest to his/her age and identity accompanied by non-availability of of record from NSO or local civil registry office
- Any legal document to prove his age and identity such as GSIS, SSS, passport or any government issued documents
Fee: Student Permit (SP) Fee Php. 100.00
Application Fee 150.00
Computer Fee 67.53
Procedures in getting a student permit driver’s license:
- Go to Window 1, tell the officer there that you are going to get a student permit. The officer will give you a form to fill-up. After you’ve filled-up the form, go back to Window 1 with the requirements. The officer will check your form then will it back to you and will give you a number.
- Proceed to Window 2 and wait for your number to be called. Once called, give your application form and number.
- Wait for your name to be called to have your photo taken. The officer in Window 6 will take your photo.
- Wait for your name to be called in Window 7 to pay for the application fee.
- Wait for your name to be called in Window 6.
I now have a student permit! Yay!