What are the requirements in reimbursing SSS Maternity Benefits? If you are pregnant and a member of SSS, you can avail of the maternity benefits. However you must take note of the requirements.
1. You have paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of your childbirth or miscarriage.
2. Maternity Notification Form 1 (MAT-1 Form) duly stamped and received by SSS. You can get it from your HR or download the form at the SSS website. Submit the form together with your SSS ID and proof of pregnancy (ultrasound, pregnancy test-kit). This form must be submitted within 60 days after conception. After you have given birth, you must submit the following requirements.
3. Documents to be submitted depends on the type of delivery.
- only the certified true copy or authenticated birth certificate of the child is required
- certified true copy or authenticated birth certificate of the child
- operating room record / surgical procedure document certified by the hospital where you got confined are required.
- pregnancy test before and after miscarriage
- medical certificate/obstetrical history indicating the number of miscarriages certified by the attending physician
- D&C report certified by authorized hospital representative
- Certification from last employer with the effective date of separation
- copy of approved Form E-5
- copy of approved Form RS-1
Take note that that you cannot avail of sickness benefits for the same period you received your maternity benefits.
I have availed of the benefits twice. This time I completed the requirements four months after I’ve given birth. This is because I just got the birth certificate of my twins last month.